Good communication skills in sports are among the most important ingredients contributing to the performance and growth of exercise and sport participants. The purposes of communication are persuasion, evaluation, information, motivation and problem solving. There are some keys to sending messages effectively:
1. Be direct.
2. Be complete and specific.
3. Be clear and consistent.
4. State your needs and feelings clearly.
5. Separate fact from opinion.
6. Focus on one thing at a time.
7. Deliver messages immediately.
8. Avoid hidden agendas.
9. Be consistent with nonverbal messages (expressions, body language, gestures)
10. Reinforce with repetition.
11. Make the messages appropriate to the receiver’s level of understanding.
12. Look for feedback that your message was received accurately.
Strategies & Success
Arousal, Stress & Anxiety
Enhancing Performance – PST
Aspects of PST